▪ Bhutanese Ngultrum (BTN)
▪ 1 INR = 1 BTN (Indian foreign money has one on one mapping with Bhutan)
▪ All main Worldwide currencies akin to U.S. Greenback, Pound Sterling, Euro, Australian Greenback and so on are simply convertible.
- Residents of India, Bangladesh and Maldives with a sound passport want a allow obtainable at the purpose of entry
- All different Worldwide vacationers have to get hold of Visa, which will be processed on-line
Traveller’s security index:
- One of many most secure place to be. Crime, petty thefts are minimal. Scores excessive within the security Index.
➢ Paro Worldwide Airport
Bhutan has just one Worldwide airport – Paro Worldwide Airport. Nationwide Air provider of Bhutan – Druk Air operates common flights to Paro largely by way of Kolkata, India.
➢ By Practice/Street – That is how we did it.
- Pocket Pleasant & stuffed with expertise.
- Bhutan is accessible by roads by way of Phuntsholing – Often known as the Gateway to Bhutan, it’s the Bhutan facet of the Indo –Bhutanese Border.
- We took the next route to achieve
Kolkata – Hasimara (Practice) – Hasimara
is a small city in West Bengal, India. The Indo – Bhutanese border is a 45min auto trip from Hasimara station.
Hasimara station – Jaigaon – (Auto) –Jaigaon is the Indian facet of the Indo –Bhutanese Border.
Jaigaon – Phuntsholing – Simply stroll by!!
Essential issues to recollect
All Worldwide Debits/Credit score Playing cards don’t work in Bhutan. You would possibly wish to verify along with your Financial institution earlier than travelling to Bhutan. Thimphu is the perfect place to refill some foreign money as smaller villages and cities won’t have ATMS.
Community connectivity is nice in Bhutan aside from distant valleys.
Most accommodations in Thimphu and Paro have WIFIs however you wouldn’t discover web connection in the opposite smaller cities/villages.
When in Bhutan
Hog on the native delicacies
Chillies are an important a part of Bhutanese delicacies and therefore for sure Meals in Bhutan is spicy. We tried a number of native cuisines throughout our keep and following are the few necessities.
- Purple Rice – One of many staple meals of Bhutan. It is a number of rice which tastes nutty and is a little bit grainy.
- Momo – These heavenly Dumplings want no introduction
- Suja – The Bhutanese Butter Tea. A Frothy butter drink, salty in style. Completely different however definitely worth the attempt.
- Should you eat non- veg, attempt Pork at any native restaurant
Hop across the native market
- One of the best ways to discover a rustic’s native tradition is to go to its native markets. Phuntsholing, Thimphu and Paro are the distinguished locations to do some memento procuring.
- Picket Handicraft and Hand-woven Textiles are excellent in Bhutan
Our one week Itinerary
Day 1: Hasimara – Jaigaon- Bhutan
Day 2: Entr allow and attain Thimpu
Day 3: Discover Thimpu
Day 4: Day journey to Punakha by way of dochula move
Day 5: Thimpu to Paro by way of Chele la move and Haa Valley
Day 6: Hike Tigers Nest
Day 7: Discover Paro
Day 8: Depart Bhutan
You possibly can learn the deatiled itinerary right here:
Locations we stayed in Bhutan:
- Phuentsholing: Lodge Centinel
- Thimpu: Lodge Tandin
- Paro: Lodge Sonam
5 locations you cant miss in Bhutan:
Tigers Nest, the cliffside monastery:
Tiger’s Nest is Bhutan’s most sacred spiritual website and one of many should locations to go to in Bhutan. Also referred to as Paro Taktsang, Tiger’s Nest is a ravishing Monastery hung 900 meters above on a cliff overlooking the spectacular Paro Valley. As legend has it, Guru Rinpoche flew to this website on a Tigress’ again to subdue native demons after which he meditated there for months. Guru Rinpoche is alleged to be the second Buddha and the one to introduce Buddhism to Bhutan.
Haa Valley, Bhuan’s greatest saved secret:
Some of the lovely valleys of Bhutan and our favorite decide needs to be the Haa Valley. Roughly 65kms from Paro, this lovely hamlet is Bhutan’s greatest saved secret.
The Valley may be very near the disputed Indo China Border in Doklam and therefore was closed for vacationers until 2002. It was made obtainable for the general public in 2002. Not many individuals know of it, as a spot to be included of their Itinerary.
There are quite a few historical Buddhist temple round which makes the valley superb for mountaineering. Few hike choices are Yangthang – Hatey Hike, Bjungneydra – Kat – Sho, Gonpa Hike, Jyenkhakha – Jamtey Gonpa – Yangthang Gonpa Hike
Punakha Monastery and river rafting:
Punakha is round 80kms from Thimphu and is a 2-hour trip by street. Punakha monastery is among the most scenic one alongside the river financial institution Pho Chhu & Mo Chhu River
If out of all of the genres of journey, journey is your real love, don’t miss rafting in Punakha.
Think about your self flowing with the present, all drenched whereas watching few uncommon birds of their most pure habitat together with the gorgeous Punakha valley on the backdrop. White water rafting is a distinct expertise altogether. Pho Chu and Mo Chu rivers in Punakha are well-known for river rafting in Bhutan
· Slightly or No expertise is required for rafting on these rivers as there are licensed specialists who would information you thru out the course. Particular directions are given earlier than driving the boat and off you go for an incredible journey.
· Essentially the most memorable a part of the course is the purpose the place you’ll be able to see the Punakha Dzong from the river. The Dzong seems to be lovely on the backdrop whereas rafting throughout.
Mountain passes are at all times lovely as a result of altitude nurtures tranquillity. Positioned at an elevation of 3100m, Dochula move is a story of bravery, valour, inspiration and spirituality. This place comes on the way in which to Punakha from Thimpu
This lovely mountain move is situated on the way in which to Punakha from Thimphu and one of the vital divine locations to go to in Bhutan.
• It was inbuilt commemoration of 108 Bhutanese troopers who handed away in navy operations of 2003.
• There are 108 memorial Chorten or stupas inbuilt remembrance of each misplaced soul.
Chele la Cross: the best motorable street in Bhutan
Standing on the best doable street in Bhutan wrapped in clouds and prayer flags, Chele La is enthralling. Positioned at an altitude of 3810m, Chele la hyperlinks the 2 Valleys of Paro and Haa
• Roughly 36kms from Paro and 27kms from Haa, Chele La is located in between the 2 valleys.
• Due to its altitude, pure path by forests with a view of Himalayas , Chele la is known for Mountain Biking and Trekking in Bhutan.
• The drive to Chele La is thru dense spruce forests. Relying on the season of go to, one could come throughout gushing waterfalls, blooming rhododendrons and yaks grazing.
• The mountain slopes on the way in which to Chele La are lined in white poppy – a kind of flower solely discovered right here and nowhere else on this planet.
• Temperature on the Prime is fairly chilly and staying lengthy turns into troublesome as a result of altitude. Summers are chilling however clear and winters are blood freezing chilly.
• One a transparent day, one can view Mt. Jumolhari – certainly one of Bhutan’s most sacred peak, standing tall at 22,000 ft.
Pack your baggage and set out for Bhutan if you wish to disconnect for some time solely to reconnect once more happier than ever. The serene landscapes, lovely valleys, majestic mountains, pristine forests,soothing rivers, conventional way of life and warmest individuals makes Bhutan an expertise price each penny.